Sunday, February 7, 2010

Visiting Friends


This weekend, Ian and I went up to Melbourne Beach, Florida to see some good friends. I met Brandon and Amy back in 2006, when they both worked at Green Tree with me. We've kept in touch ever since. They came to visit me when Ian was just 10 days old. They came to his baptism. Last year when we went to Detroit, we drove to Chicago to see them. It's nice to have friends like that. They're both traveling PTs and have spent every season in Naples, until this one. Thankfully, they were still in Florida, so Ian and I made the 4 hour drive to see them. They are staying in this amazing beach house, almost on the beach. (You have to cross the street to get there, but I'm not being picky!)

We got in late Friday night due to a 40 mile mistake on my part. Ian slept in the car, and was up and ready to play when we got in at 11. He made it to 12:30! Saturday, we took Ian for his first trip to the beach. It was chilly and windy, but he seemed to really like it, until nap time. Brandon buried him in the sand, a wave knocked him over, and he had fun picking up shells.

It was so nice to have a lazy weekend. And what made it even better was that Brandon and Amy loved on my son, so I was given a little break on the parenting front. Ian wanted to be held, Brandon picked him. He wanted to go outside, Amy took him out. I even got the chance to take a nap on the couch...when Ian wasn't napping!

Thanks, guys, for such a great weekend, and for spoiling my son. He was already looking for you when we got home. Hopefully, you'll extend and we can all come see you...or better yet, I'll get you a job at NCH!

(Oh, congratulations on the engagement...Brandon, Amy will be a BEAUTIFUL bride!)

No comments:

Post a Comment