Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Missing Daddy...

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the end of my dad's earthly journey. It was a hard day. There are times when the pain isn't as bad, and I can go for several days not really thinking about the fact that he's gone. Then there are times that the pain comes back, as if it has just happened again. Those times are mainly when I look at Ian and realize what he's missing by not knowing Papa. Occasionally, my little monkey will get a look on his face, or make a hand gesture that is so my dad, and it's enough to bring tears to my eyes. So, while I mourn the passing of my father, I rejoice in the glimpses of him I see every day in my son.

This song still brings tears to my eyes, and still says everything that's in my heart, 2 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment